Netgear Orbi firmware is a set of coded instructions embedded into your Orbi router. The firmware of your router defines its functionality and many other features. The Netgear Orbi firmware update is an essential element of keeping your device and WiFi network working under optimum conditions. A firmware update brings along a lot of bug fixes and makes sure your device stays compatible with the new devices being rolled out in the market.
If you don’t update the firmware of your Orbi device regularly, your wifi network may sooner or later come across bugs, functionality issues, and compatibility issues. The latest Orbi firmware makes sure your device stays stable while it is delivering you an uninterrupted wireless experience.
In this post, we will discuss how to perform Netgear Orbi firmware updates and different ways to update Orbi firmware.
How to update Orbi firmware automatically?
You must have the Orbi mobile app on your device if you want to update Orbi firmware automatically. If you don’t have the Orbi app, go to the Play Store or App Store to download and install the app.
- Please ensure that your mobile is connected to the Orbi router’s wifi network.
- Log into the Orbi app using your Netgear account credentials.
- Tap on Update and then tap on Firmware Update
- This will initiate an automatic firmware update on your Orbi router.
- After this, the Orbi wifi router will reboot.
- Let it reboot.
- If the network has an active internet connection, it means your device is updated successfully.
How to update Orbi firmware manually?
To update Orbi firmware manually, you need to take the help of the defaul web address orbilogin.net. The web address will take you to the Orbi admin page from where you can initiate the Orbi firmware update process.
- Visit the Orbi support website.
- Enter the model number of your Orbi router to see if there is any latest version available.
- Click on Download to download the latest firmware file on your device..
- After this, visit orbilogin net or orbilogin com login page.
- Go to the Orbi firmware update section and click on the Browse button.
- Select the firmware file that you just download through the support website.
- The Orbi firmware wizard will upload the file to the router’s console.
- Wait for a few minutes while your device updates the firmware.
- After a few minutes, your device will restart in order to make changes take place.
- Now, the Orbi firmware update through the manual method is completed.
Can’t update Orbi firmware? – reasons
If you can’t update Orbi firmware on your device, then you got to follow the instructions to fix the issue. However, before we jump to discuss the fix to the issue, we need to understand all the possible reasons that might be pushing the error on the screen.
- Wrong default web address.
- Orbi app not running on the latest version.
- Low wireless network strength.
- The device that you’re using is affected by viruses and malware.
- The firmware that you downloaded was not the latest one.
- The firmware wasn’t downloaded from an official or trusted source.
- The firmware file got corrupted after downloading.
- Orbi router powered off while updating the firmware.
- Orbi router experiencing network drop-offs.
Can’t update Orbi firmware? troubleshooting steps
Here are the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. Make sure you follow the instructions clearly in order to avoid facing any issues.
- Firstly, turn off the Orbi router and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, turn On your Orbi router.
- If you’re using the Orbi app to update Orbi firmware, make sure the app is running on the latest version.
- Please ensure that your router is not experiencing frequent network drop-offs.
- When you’re downloading the firmware, make sure it is downloaded from an authentic or official source.
- Before you download the firmware file, please run a deep scan through Antivirus on your device.
- Kindly ensure that your device is free from viruses and malware.
- Also, make sure you allow your Orbi router to reboot after the firmware update process. Most users power cycle the device when they see the Orbi router has turned off.
- If you can’t get rid of the issue, abort all the processes and reset Orbi router to its default factory settings.
- You may need to reconfigure the device but it will resolve all the issues.
For every user, it is very important to make sure their Orbi router is running on the latest firmware version. This will ensure to keep your router is in an optimal working state. That was all about the Orbi firmware update process and steps to troubleshoot the issues that most users come across. We hope this post helped you learn how to update Orbi firmware in two ways i.e. through the Orbi app and web address. In case you encounter more issues on your device or you just require further assistance, you can get in touch with the support team.