Netgear Orbi Setup: Everything You Need to Know
Netgear Orbi WiFi setup is all about setting up a powerful router that is powered by WiFi mesh technology. Oftentimes, our wireless routers perform very well but are unable to reach some corners of the house. This ends up leaving a few smart home devices and gadgets deprived of the WiFi connection. The Netgear Orbi setup established reliable WiFi coverage in every corner of your house. This can become challenging for some wireless routers but the Orbi WiFi system outperforms it every time. The Orbi device aims at resolving WiFi coverage issues and removing all the dead zones from your premises. This page will help you gain information about the Netgear Orbi WiFi setup through different methods, a few troubleshooting steps if you encounter some issues, and frequently asked questions.
Netgear Orbi setup important credentials
How to set up your Orbi WiFi system?
There are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled before you proceed with the Netgear Orbi setup. In this section, we have mentioned some requirements and a few points that you need to ensure are in place. Please have a look below:
- Ensure that you have a new Netgear Orbi WiFi setup
- A cable or DSL modem supplied by the internet service provider
- A power socket nearby your modem
- The Netgear Orbi app installed on your device
- A smartphone or PC
How to set up Netgear Orbi via the Orbi app?
For the Netgear Orbi setup via the Orbi app, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download and install the Netgear Orbi app on your mobile or tablet.
- Secondly, open the Orbi app and you will see the welcome page on the screen.
- “Do you want to install a new NETGEAR product?” Tap Yes.
- After that, scan the QR code on your Orbi product through the Orbi app.
- A few Netgear Orbi WiFi setup instructions will appear on the screen.
- Tap Next and the Netgear Orbi app will try to connect to the default network of Orbi.
- The Netgear Orbi app will try to automatically detect the internet connection.
- Activate the internet services and tap Continue to detect more satellites.
- “Orbi is now active”. Tap Next.
- Set up the WiFi network name and password. Tap Next.
- Thereafter, you need to create a Password for the Netgear admin account.
- Toggle the Remember Me tab On and then tap Next.
- Set up the admin username and password, and then tap Next.
- The Netgear Orbi app will ask you to set up a few security questions. Follow the in-app instructions carefully.
- At last, the Orbi app will prompt you to update your router’s firmware.
- Finally, the Netgear Orbi setup will be completed successfully.
Netgear Orbi WiFi setup via a web browser
To go about the Netgear Orbi setup via the web browser on your PC, make sure you connect your PC to the default network of the Netgear Orbi WiFi system. Follow the steps below to configure your Orbi device:
- Firstly, go to your PC and connect it to the Netgear Orbi router’s default network.
- After that, go to a web browser on your device and enter the default URL.
- Type www.orbilogin.com in the address bar and press Enter.
- Thereafter, you will see the Netgear Orbi login page.
- Put down your Orbi WiFi system’s default username and password. Username: admin, Password: password
- The browser will take you to the Netgear Orbi web management page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the Netgear Orbi WiFi setup and configuration.
- Finally, the router will be successfully set up.
Can’t set up Netgear Orbi. How to fix it?
If you are unable to set up the Netgear Orbi router, please follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
- First things first, check whether the Netgear Orbi router is connected to your computer.
- Secondly, make sure the power outlet in which the Orbi is plugged in is not defective.
- If you are using the Netgear Orbi app for the setup, please uninstall the app and download the newer version from the Play Store or the App Store.
- In case you are using the web browser, please ensure that the browser is up-to-date.
- Delete all the cookies, cache, and history from your PC’s browser.
- After that, re-attempt to set up your Orbi router.
- If you still can’t set up your device, please use any other mobile or computer.
Frequently asked question
I don’t have the Orbi app. How can I set up my Orbi?
If you can’t use the Netgear Orbi app on your mobile for some reason, do not worry. You can access the Orbi web interface to login to the device and configure its settings. To access the Netgear Orbi web interface, you can use the default web address i.e., orbilogin.com. Enter the URL in the web browser’s web address and you will login to the app successfully.
Orbi router not working after firmware update. How to fix it?
If you have recently updated the firmware of your device and experienced that its not working, please reset the Orbi router. Press and hold the reset button located on the orbi router for a few seconds. After a few minutes, the Orbi WiFi system will be set to its default settings. Make sure you reconfigure your Netgear Orbi router after the reset process.
Is it important to upgrade the Orbi firmware?
Yes, it is. The firmware of your Orbi WiFi system is important to be updated on a regular basis. If you don’t update the firmware of your device, the Orbi router may experience multiple issues with compatibility, stability, and functionality.
What are my default Orbi login credentials?
The default Orbi router login credentials are “admin” and “password”. Enter the username as “admin” and password as “password.”