Orbi flashing white light is one of the most common issues faced by Netgear Orbi users. You might suddenly come across your Orbi blinking white light while surfing the internet or playing games. So what’s the reason behind that?
Well, when your Netgear Orbi blinks white light, it means the device has corrupt firmware or it is making some new changes in itself. However, there may be more reasons behind this issue that we will discuss in this post.
We will discuss key reasons that might cause this issue. We will also discuss the important troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the same. Keep reading!
What causes Orbi flashing white light?
There are certain reasons that cause the white light issue. Here are some of the main reasons that can cause Orbi to blink white light:
- Malfunctioned or corrupt firmware of your Netgear Orbi wifi system.
- Device automatically goes through the Orbi firmware update process.
- Orbi not connecting to internet.
- Orbi experienced a power outage while updating the router firmware
- Minor or major glitches in the firmware
How to fix Orbi flashing white light issue?
Now that we know all the possible reasons, we can easily proceed with the troubleshooting steps. Here are steps to resolve the Orbi white light issue:
1. Powercycle your Orbi
First of all, you need to go through a cold restart of your Orbi. If there are any temporary issues or glitches in your Orbi router, they will be eliminated instantly. Here are some easy steps to power cycle your Orbi system:
- Firstly, power off your Orbi system. In case a modem is there, please include that as well.
- Secondly, unplug all the devices from the power outlet and leave them unplugged for a few minutes.
- Thereafter, plug all the devices back into their respective power outlets. Let the devices power On.
- After that, press the reset button of the Orbi system and hold it for a few seconds.
- Finally, release the button and allow the Orbi system to get back to the factory default settings.
2. Resync the Orbi satellite
You can try resyncing the satellite to the router if your Orbi satellite is flashing a white light.
- Ensure that the Orbi satellite and router are powered on.
- Now, press The SYNC button on your Orbi satellite and router. Wait for about 2 minutes and again press the SYNC button.
- This will re-initiate the SYNC process.
- Ensure that the sync process is successful. Once it is, you will see a blue light indicating that the troubleshooting process is successful.
3. Restore factory defaults on the Orbi
If none of the troubleshooting steps work, you can try resetting your Orbi to factory settings. This will bring back your Orbi router to the default state. Once the device is reset, you can reconfigure the network and device settings again. Here are some steps to reset your Orbi router to factory settings:
- Power off your Orbi satellite and router. Unplug them from the power outlet.
- Remove the ethernet cables and wait for some time.
- After about 2 minutes, reconnect the devices to the power outlet and turn on the power supply.
- Wait for your devices to power on and then press the reset button.
- Hold the RESET button until the Orbi starts blinking the Amber light.
- Once you see the amber light on your Orbi, it is reset to factory default settings.
You can now reconfigure your router again.
4. Update Orbi router firmware
Orbi flashing white light may also occur due to corrupt or outdated firmware files. In this case, you can always update the firmware using these steps:
- Go to the Orbi firmware download website and download the suitable firmware for your device.
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Open a browser and enter the default Orbi IP address 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. Press enter and log in to the Orbi setup wizard.
- Now, go to the Administration page and then click on the Firmware Update button.
- Now, click the Browse button and select the file you just downloaded. Click on Open.
- Allow some time for the file to be uploaded.
- Click Update and let your device upgrade the firmware.
- Allow a few minutes for your Orbi router to complete the Orbi firmware update process.
NOTE- Once the Orbi firmware update process is complete, run an internet connectivity test. The Orbi network should be delivering uninterrupted internet connectivity to all devices.
Orbi flashing a white light is a very common issue that might occur on your Orbi system without warning. So if you come across the same, you know the steps to follow. We hope you liked this post and will share it with anyone who needs it.
However, if you can’t resolve the issue or need help with finding a resolution, please reach out to our support team for an instant fix. We’re more than happy to help.