Orbi flashing white light is one of the most common issues faced by Netgear Orbi users. You might come across your Orbi blinking white light all of a sudden whilst surfing the internet or playing games. So what’s the reason behind that? Well, when you see your Netgear Orbi blinks white light, it means the device has corrupt firmware or it is making some new changes in itself. However, there may be more reasons behind this issue that we will discuss in this post.
Today, we will solve this major query of Netgear Orbi white light. Firstly, we will discuss all the major reasons that cause this issue to occur and after that, we will begin with the troubleshooting steps. Keep reading!
What causes Orbi flashing white light?
There are certain reasons that cause Orbi white light issue. Here are some of the main reasons that cause Orbi blinking white light issue to occur.
- Malfunctioned or corrupt firmware of your Netgear Orbi wifi system.
- Device automatically goes through the Orbi firmware update process.
- Orbi not connecting to internet.
- Orbi experienced a power outage while updating the router firmware
- Minor or major glitches in the firmware
How to fix Orbi flashing white light issue?
Now that we know all the possible reasons behind the Orbi white light issue, we can easily proceed with the troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps in proper order or else you might experience hassle in the middle of the steps.
1. Powercycle your Orbi
First of all, you need to go through a cold restart of your Orbi. If there are any temporary issues or glitches on your Orbi system, they will be eliminated instantly. Prior to performing a power cycle on your Orbi system, please follow these steps:
- Firstly, power off your Orbi system. In case a modem is there, please include that as well.
- Secondly, unplug all the devices from the power outlet and leave them unplugged for a few minutes.
- Thereafter, plug all the devices back into their respective power outlets. Let the devices power On.
- After that, press the reset button of the Orbi system and hold it for a few seconds.
- Finally, release the button and allow the Orbi system to get back to the factory default settings.
- You can try resyncing the satellite to the router if your Orbi flashing white light only on the Orbi satellite.
- After that, ensure that the Orbi satellite and router are powered On.
- Press your Orbi’s satellite and router’s SYNC button. Wait for 2 minutes.
- Again press the SYNC button.
- Please check whether the sync process is successful. You will see a blue light.
- Make sure the Orbi and the router are close to the modem.
- After that, power off the Orbi satellite and router.
- Remove the ethernet cable and turn the device ON.
- Wait for your device to power on and then press the reset button.
- Hold the button until the Orbi starts blinking the Amber light.
- Now, the Orbi system will restore the factory default settings.
- Orbi flashing white light also occurs due to bad firmware.
- Go to the Orbi firmware download website and download the suitable firmware for your device.
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Open a browser and enter the default Orbi IP 192.168.1.1.
- Thereafter, go to the Administration page and then click the Firmware Update button.
- Now, click the Browse button and select the file you just downloaded
- Click Update and let your device upgrade the firmware.
- Allow your device a few minutes to complete the Orbi firmware update
NOTE – Once the Orbi firmware update completes, please ensure to run an internet connectivity test. The Orbi network should be delivering uninterrupted internet connectivity to all the devices.
Orbi flashing white light is a very common issue that occurs on your Orbi system. So whenever you come across the Orbi blinking white issue, please don’t worry. Refer to this post or share this post with your friends who also come across the same issue.
So that was all about the possible reasons and troubleshooting steps for Orbi white light error. We hope you liked this post. However, if you can’t resolve the issue or need assistance, please reach out to our support team for an instant fix.