It is important to reset Orbi router password from time to time in order to keep your network protected from break-ins. The Orbi password is responsible to get you access to your router’s network and manage its wireless settings. If the password gets to someone’s hands, your network might be compromised.
Manufacturers often suggest their users to change or reset Orbi password on a regular basis. So if you had also changed the password but now have forgotten the same, don’t worry. We will help you learn how to reset Orbi router password and get back to your router settings.
In this post, you will learn how to reset Orbi password and change it afterward in order to safeguard your network.
Reset Orbi router password
This section will walk you through the instructions to reset Orbi router password in the easiest way possible. To reset the password of your Orbi router, you will have to reset the router to its default factory settings. Please follow the steps below:
- Firstly, locate the reset button on your Orbi router.
- Thereafter, press the button and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button and let your router get back to its original settings.
- Your router will take a few minutes to restore the original settings.
Once the Netgear Orbi router resets to the factory default settings, you can login to the router using the default username and password. Once you login to the router, use the instructions given in the subsequent section to change the password.
Important – Please note that resetting the Netgear Orbi router will bring it back to the factory default settings. That means all the configurations, settings, passwords, wireless connections, logs, etc, will be wiped off from the router. You will also need to reconfigure your Orbi router in order to access the internet through the network.
If you don’t know how to reconfigure your device, you can access the Netgear login page and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
How to change Orbi router password?
To change the Orbi router password, you will have to login to the router using the default credentials. Please follow the steps below:
- Go to the web browser on your device connected to the Orbi router’s network.
- Enter the default web address orbilogin.net in the address bar.
- After that, you will be taken to the Orbi router login page.
- Put down the default username and Orbi password in the respective sections.
- Click the Login button and you will be redirected to the Orbi router web management page.
- Select Advanced and then click on the Administration tab.
- Thereafter, click on Set Password.
- After that, you need to enter the current password and then enter the new password twice.
- At last, click on the Apply button to save the new changes.
Now that you have changed the Netgear Orbi router password, you can login to the network using the new password. In case you forget the default username and password, kindly refer to the wireless label that is pasted on the backside of the router.
It is easy to learn how to reset Orbi router password, provided you follow the instructions carefully. Make sure you follow the reset steps very carefully as it can create more issues if done incorrectly.
That was all about the Orbi password reset and how to change the password. We hope you liked this post and the aforementioned instructions helped you learn how to reset and change the Orbi admin password. If you see any issues occurring on your device, please feel free to reach out to our support team for further assistance.